Heart of Wakanda Cocktail – Black Panther Drink. It’s a Wakanda-inspired cocktail fit for royals and guaranteed to tap into your inner warrior.
Drinking Game Alert!! Every time, I say Wakanda you take a sip of this Black Panther Drink – Heart of Wakanda. Yes, we are still celebrating the enormous success of Marvel Studios’ Black Panther. As of this weekend it has grossed over $400 million domestically in 10 days. This weekend alone, it made 108 million. This makes Black Panther the second highest grossing second weekend release of all time, and the second fastest movie to cross the $400 million mark. It made an additional $308 million internationally. Making the total well over $700 million. HELLO! That totally calls for a party, and this kinetic energy, vibranium infused adult beverage can help you get started.
The heart of Wakanda cocktail gets it’s name from the heart-shaped herb that T’Challa drinks in order to gain super human strength. The heart-shaped herb has been infected with Vibranium. I’m not a chemistry buff but Vibranium is the fictional element and energy source that powers Wakanda. It’s also the substance that gives strength to Black Panthers suit. Vibranium itself is blue but it changes to a purple hue once it absorbs kinetic energy.
Above is a picture of T’Challa wearing his vibranium weaved suit and if you look closely, you can see the vibranium illuminating, a vibrant purple hue.
Marvel Studios’ Black Panther – Kinetic Energy Film Clip
For dramatic effect, I would recommend adding one or two purple glow in the dark ice cubes, like this one. I wish I had some on hand when I made this because it would have taken this shot to the next level. Don’t be afraid to adjust the recipe as you see fit. Use less vodka if you don’t want it to be too strong, add more lemonade to cut down on the sugar.
Heart of Wakanda Cocktail – Black Panther Drink
- Pour ¼ cup corn syrup onto a plate.
- Pour ¼ cup of the purple sugar onto another plate.
- Dip the rims of each glass lightly into the corn syrup, just enough to evenly coat each rim.
- Dip each rim into the purple sugar crystals. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized shaker, add ice, vodka, grenadine, liqueur, lemonade. Shake for 10 seconds
- Add club soda
- Strain into a chilled sugar-rimmed cocktail glass and ENJOY!!
Love this recipe? Click here to share it with your friends on Facebook
Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther” is now playing in U.S. theaters. Soundtrack available for purchase on Amazon.
- Marvel Studios’ Black Panther Film Review
- 19 Marvel’s Black Panther Toys & Gifts That Are Actually Cool
- ‘Black Panther’: Behind the Scenes with Costume Designer Ruth E. Carter & Production Designer Hannah Beachler
- Real Talk: Black Panther Interview with Daniel Kaluuya & Letitia Wright
- In Conversation with Black Panther’ Andy Serkis & Winston Duke