So the question around the water cooler this morning will probably go something like this, “what did you do this weekend?” If you say anything other than, “Wakanda forever” then chances are you need these Black Panther Cookies to redeem yourself. Because clearly you are out of the loop.
All jokes aside. Did you get a chance to check out Marvels’ Black Panther? The box offices number shows it’s been an epic weekend with $201 million. By the end of today, it’s projected to reach $242 million. Yes, there is a lot of celebrate. The love this weekend has been amazing, scrolling through my feed as family and friends shared their excitement for the film. Which made me realize just how fortune I am to have attended the movie premiere.
The last couple of weeks have been exciting. Sharing the behind the scenes in anticipation of the world-wide release. Now that the movie is out in the world, I know there would be lots of parties surrounding T’Challa, Erik Killmonger and Wakanda as a whole. My girlfriend already bought her son a black panther costume for Halloween.
Ultra Cuisine Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter Set16-Inch Decorating Bags, 12 PackBaker’s Secret Cooling Rack, 10″ X 16″Food Coloring Liqua-Gel – 12 Color Variety KitWilton Metallic Silver Color Mist SprayWilton Mini Squeeze Bottles, 6-Oz, Pack of 2
With summer around the corner, these sugar cookies will be a nice addition to any super hero parties. You can use your favorite sugar cookie recipe or the step by step instructions on how to decorate Black Panther cookies that are below.
Black Panther Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1½ C powder sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2½ C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 3 inch circle cookie cutter
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Royal Icing Ingredients:
- 3 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ C powder sugar
- black gel food coloring
- 2 disposable piping bags
- 2 squeeze bottle
- 1 can of silver cake edible spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a standing mixer, combine butter, powder sugar, egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined and fluffy
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter.
- Gradually add in the flour to the wet mixture and mix on low speed until combined
- Once all the flour has been combined with the wet ingredients, sprinkle some flour onto a cutting board and knead with your hands till everything is combined
- Sprinkle flour onto the cutting board and roll out the dough to 2 inches thick
- Use the cookie cutters and cut your shapes
- Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- Place onto a wire rack to cool
- Royal Icing Directions
- Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, powder sugar and vanilla and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form
- Split the icing into two bowls
- Add a few drops of black food coloring into one bowl and mix until combined. Add a few more drops as needed to get the shade of black you want.
- Scoop some icing into a piping bag and set aside
- Using the remaining black icing, add about 2-3 tbsp of cold water to thin out the icing. Pour thinned icing into a squeeze bottle and set aside
- Scoop some of the white icing into a piping bag and set aside
- With the left over white icing, add in 2-3 tablespoon of water to thin out the icing
- Pour icing into the squeeze bottle
- Using the white icing in the piping bag, pipe a line around the outer edge of the cookies
- Fill in the cookies with the thin white icing
- Let cookies dry for about 4-6 hours
- Once the white has dried on the cookies, using the cake spray, spray the cookies to get a nice shine of silver
- Using the black piping bag, outline the base of Black Panther's mask.
- Fill in the outline of the mask using the thinned icing.
- Let icing dry for 3-5 hours
- Using the white icing in the piping bag, pipe out the detail of the mask and pipe a line around the mask for the outer detail
- Using the black piping bag, pipe a line around the edge of the cookie
- Let the cookie dry for about an hour before enjoying!
Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther” follows T’Challa who, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king. But when a powerful old enemy reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king—and Black Panther—is tested when he is drawn into a formidable conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the 1-24-18 entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people and their way of life.
“Black Panther” stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, with Angela Bassett, with Forest Whitaker, and Andy Serkis.
The film is directed by Ryan Coogler and produced by Kevin Feige with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria
Alonso, Nate Moore, Jeffrey Chernov and Stan Lee serving as executive producers. Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther” is now playing everywhere.