Food & Recipes
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas – these shrimp are well seasoned and perfectly baked in one pan for easy cleanup, paired with corn tortilla, and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Get dinner on the table in a half-hour or less with this quick & easy weeknight dinner of Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas – only a few ingredients are needed, and it can be ready in less than 30 minutes, and that’s me being generous; realistically it only took 14 minutes from start to finish.
Ingredients In Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Shrimp – Jumbo shrimp shelled and deveined. Jumbo shrimp is preferred, but feel free to use large, medium, or whichever kind you have on hand.
- Olive Oil – Opted for olive oil for this version, but you can use just about any oil you have on hand.
- Rainbow Pepper Medley – red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and red onion cut into strips.
- Seasoning – Cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper
- Lime – I usually use lime, but lemon could work as a substitute.
- Herbs – Fresh cilantro chopped up, totally optional but adds a nice touch as a garnish
- Tortillas – Flour or corn tortillas. For this recipe, I used corn tortillas.
How To Make Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Preheat the oven: To 400 F degrees.
Mix: In a large bowl, combine the oil, shrimp, pepper medley, and season generously with all the seasonings, then toss really well so that everything is well combined.
Bake the dish: Arrange the shrimp and pepper medley in a large shallow baking pan. Bake for 9 minutes or until no longer pink and cooked through. Careful not to overcook the shrimp.
What Kind Of Protein Can I Use?
I usually use jumbo shrimp from our local seafood market; fresh or previously frozen will do, but you can use any protein at your disposal – chicken, pork, beef, or mushroom for a meat-free alternative.
Can I Use Other Veggies?
Of course, you can! This dish is perfect for adding in some of your favorite veggies. Here are some of my favorites.
- Head of cabbage cut into wedges.
Storing Leftover Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
You can store this dish in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 5 days. I wouldn’t recommend freezing it as the veggies won’t hold up well to thawing after cooking.
What To Serve With Shrimp Fajitas
There’s plenty of other delicious side dishes and drinks you can try with these fajitas! I love a nice bowl of fresh salad, but if you’re looking for something a little different, try any of these:
- Vegetarian Tostada Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- Strawberry-Kumquat Salad
- Strawberry Watermelon Jalapeno Martini
More Must-Try Recipes:
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Nicely seasoned, flavorful, and perfectly baked in one pan for easy cleanup, ready in no time, and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound of shrimp, medium, peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 3 limes, halved or quartered (optional)
- cilantro, optional, for garnish
- 5-6 tortillas, warmed, optional (opt-out for low carb friendly dish)
- Fajita seasoning:
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp table salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Lightly spray your sheet pan with cooking spray, or lightly drizzle some olive oil and evenly coat. Add to your sheet pan your peppers, onion, and shrimp.
- In a small bowl mix together your seasonings. Add to the top of your shrimp fajitas the seasonings. Mix well.
- Cook your shrimp fajitas for 9 minutes in the oven (You can also warm your tortillas on your sheet pan for the last-minute minute. You can place them on a small sheet of aluminum foil or move your shrimp fajitas in order to make room for the tortillas on your pan.).
- Remove from the oven, and squeeze lime juice on your shrimp fajitas.
- Serve your shrimp fajitas in a tortilla shell or forgo the tortilla if you are wanting a low carb option. Top with cilantro, cheese, sour cream, more lime juice, etc. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 1663mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 39g
All cup sizes are approximate. All nutritional data is approximate.