Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi on a bed of Fettuccine Noodles. Terrifying tasty and easy to make. If you’re looking for a comforting dinner for busy weeknights, this will do the trick.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
I can’t believe summer is officially over, the kids head back to school this week, which means it’s back to quick and fast meals while we dash to our next school or sports activity. Anyway, back to dinner at hand – I love the texture of fettuccine with the shrimp hence the reason why it was the pasta of choice but you can also have this will spaghetti and you will be fine.
What you’ll need to make shrimp scampi
- Olive Oil
- Fettuccine noodles
- Chicken Stock
- Fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Red Pepper flakes
- Fresh parsley
Key Steps for Instant Pot Creamy Shrimp Scampi
- Use large or jumbo-sized shrimps. You could pretty much use any size shrimp for this recipe, but jumbo-sized shrimp gives a nice bite. Frozen, deveined and peeled shrimp works well for this and it doesn’t have to thaw before using.
- Sauté the garlic and onions first. Use the pot’s sauté setting to melt some butter, add olive oil then the garlic and onions.
- Use chicken stock. Cooking the noodles in chicken stock really gives it a super savory flavor. This is an important step you can’t afford to skimp on, it really makes a difference.
Serving Shrimp Scampi
I often serve this with a side of salad, and maybe garlic bread because I have a picky eater that sometimes requires a lot or less on her plate depending on her mood. You can certainly eat it as is and you won’t feel like you’re missing out on much.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb. frozen, peeled shrimp, deveined
- 12 oz fettuccine noodles, broken in half
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 whole fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Turn your instant pot on sauté mode. Once it is hot, add to your pot the butter, olive oil, garlic, and white onion. Stir occasionally until your butter has melted, and your onion has softened. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add to your pot your frozen shrimp. Stir well, allowing the shrimp to cook and taking the flavors of the other ingredients in the pot.
- Once your shrimp has cooked, remove the shrimp from the bowl. Set aside.
- Add to the pot your chicken stock, water, the juice from the lemon, and noodles. Mix well to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and close the seal. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once your Instant Pot is done, manually release by using a towel or hot pad to open the seal. You do this by bringing the valve toward you.
- Once the steam has completely released, open your Instant Pot. Add in your shrimp to the pot and noodles. Mix well.
- You can enjoy this dish as is, or you can top with more lemon juice, fresh parsley, salt or pepper to taste, and/or parmesan cheese! Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 260mgSodium: 1402mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g
All cup sizes are approximate. All nutritional data is approximate.
Instant Pot Deals and Sales
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker,6QT, Sterilizer, Slow CookerInstant Pot Max Pressure Cooker 9 in 1, Best for Canning with 15PSI and Sterilizer, 6 QtInstant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute, and Warmer, 6 QuartInstant Pot Aura 10-in-1 Multicooker Slow Cooker,6 Qt, 10 One-Touch Programs