Have you ever heard the saying, “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” Well, my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this weekend and this easy homemade Vegetarian Tostada Salad was what I took over to their house. Why, because it can stand the test of time. It’s a salad I’ve enjoyed a few times and continues to love.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid.
Wedding anniversaries aside, Cinco De Mayo is upon us, so this tostada salad will compliment any meal you have planned. It’s super easy to put together and who doesn’t want that. You can make it as a quick side for dinner or for a party. Did, I mention how easy it’s to put together?
Whenever I make a salad, I often have leftover greens, and the dilemma used to be, how do I keep my greens long enough to use it the next time.
Well, lately, I have been storing them inside Rubbermaid FreshWorks. Storing it here extends the life of our produce, so we get a few more days from it before it goes to bad. The Rubbermaid FreshWorks Container comes in small, medium and large. You can fit small berries in the small container, the medium one would be perfect for strawberries and the large would work best for salad and lefty greens. *Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups fire-roasted corn
- 10 cups torn crisp romaine lettuce
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup Santa Fe style crunchy tortilla strips
- freshly ground black pepper
- Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a small skillet until hot. Toss in corn and season with cayenne pepper. Cook until blackened about 5 minutes. Remove, put on a plate and set aside to cool
- In a large salad bowl, add your chopped and dropped romaine lettuce, along with diced red bell pepper, black beans, blackened corn,
- Just before serving, top with tortilla chips, drizzle the dressing and sprinkle on some cheese. Serve immediately.
- In a blender. Pulse together yogurt, paprika, chipotle pepper, lime juice, onion and garlic powder until smooth. Taste dressing and add salt and pepper as needed.
Tip: In order to keep your romaine lettuce crisp, rinse in cold water, then use a salad spinner to dry completely. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Enter to win – Giveaway
pin it for later