For all of you moms, parents, amateur cooks with a busy schedule, I’ve got the answer to your prayers. This easy lemon chicken recipe is quick and easy – perfect for any night of the week. You can make it ahead of time or whip up an easy version in less than 45 minutes. It’s also great for anyone with food allergies because its ingredients are safe for most people. This recipe uses ingredients in your pantry or ones you can quickly get from your local grocery store.
What are you waiting for? This delicious dinner dish is the perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors that will leave your taste buds tingling for more.
How to make a lemon chicken
Ingredients in a lemon chicken recipe
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- chicken seasoning
- olive oil
- chopped green onion
- sesame seeds
- lemon juice
- Lemon zest
Steps for making a lemon chicken
Substitutions for the ingredients in a lemon chicken recipe
- Chicken thighs can be a great substitute for thin-cut chicken breast or chicken cutlets, as long as you use boneless chicken thighs and cut the chicken pieces to size, you should be fine.
- Fresh lemon will give a delicious and stronger flavor than lemon juice
- White wine or chicken stock can be used to thin out the lemon sauce for a slightly different and less lemony flavor
- Green beans can be added for extra vegetables for a well-balanced meal
- For a healthier option, try air frying the chicken pieces
How to Make Lemon Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Lemon zest to taste
- Seasoning chicken with chicken bouillon seasoning
- Beat the eggs and pour over the chicken to marinate.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cornstarch.
- On medium heat in a frying pan. Pour about 1 tsp of olive oil and bring to medium-high heat.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture and then place in hot oil to fry. Repeat for all chicken
- Once chicken pieces are golden crispy chicken, transfer chicken from oil and place on paper towel to dry.
- In a saucepan, mix lemon juice, water, sugar, and zest from one lemon. Bring to a boil while stirring and then remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces until all are coated.
- Serve with rice and garnish with lemon slices, sesame seeds, and green onion.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 26g
If you’re looking for a more easy dinner idea.
Here are a few suggestions
Give it a try and let me know how you liked it in the comments below