As back to school creeps up on us, I figured no better time than now to share one of our weeknight favorite meal – Easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe. This recipe is not only easy; it’s simple as well.
Plus, you will get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. You’re welcome. Also, it doesn’t have a roux so it’s not creamy and it’s much lower in fat. If you don’t like your food spicy, just limit the amount of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper you add to the recipe. I like mine spicy so, my hand was heavy on this.
If you haven’t had Cajun spice before, I have to tell you; it has a delayed heat. Meaning, you don’t feel the heat right away, but once the food gets to the back of your throat, that’s when the heat kick in and it lingers just for a few seconds. It has a nice zing, and it gets rave reviews anytime I make it.
To assist you in putting the recipe together, I made a video. Below is a step by step video to guide you through the process.
Cajun Shrimp PastaCajun Shrimp Pasta. It’s what’s for dinner!
FULL RECIPE HERE: http://goo.gl/cCfiPQ
Posted by The Afropolitan Mom on Friday, July 22, 2016
By the way, if you don’t have all the spices mentioned at home, don’t fret – just pick up one of these and you will get the same effect.
We usually serve ours with garlic bread and salad.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Spice up tonight’s dinner with this easy 4 ingredients Cajun Shrimp Pasta #foodie #mealplanning” quote=”Spice up tonight’s dinner with this easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta ” theme=”style1″]
Easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb uncooked jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ a box of 1 lb. thick spaghetti pasta
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 9 oz. bag of fresh spinach
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, season the shrimp using all the dry ingredients (smoked paprika, mustard, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chopped thyme, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper), set aside
- Boil pasta al dente according to package direction
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat until hot.
- Add shrimp and saute on low heat for about 4-5 minutes turning frequently until they're cooked thoroughly.
- Remove shrimp and set aside
- Add the pepper and onions, stir until translucent, season with salt
- Add the chicken broth, pasta and spinach and let it simmer for about a minute
- Toss in the cajun shrimp, remove from heat and serve.
Would you ever consider making this simple cajun shrimp pasta recipe?