These Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies are a family favorite; sometimes when we’re in a hurry we have these oatmeal cookies for breakfast. Imagine all the deliciousness of a cookie without the added calories. They are healthier than your regular oatmeal cookie and very filling. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, these would make a great gift for your loved ones, and it would be a welcome treat anyone. It’s thoughtful, healthy and made with love.
Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of instant oats
- 1 1.2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh blueberries (any dried berries work in this)
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey until incorporated.
- Next add in the flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in the blueberries. Be careful not to break them too much. Put the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops on the baking sheet. (If you decide to chill longer than 1 hour, flatten each cookie slightly.)
- Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Remove and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes then put them on a wire rack.
If you decide to try these Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies recipe, don’t forget to come back and let us know how you like.
Linking up with Organizing Junkie
Award-winning parenting lifestyle blog with articles on latest trends, parenting, technology, style & beauty, food & recipes, family travels, must-haves products, culture/entertainment.