Start your morning off right with this easy Yogurt Chia Seed Pudding. You’ve probably heard a lot of chia seeds te last couple of years. It’s the superfood for all health nut or, at least, people trying to eat healthily and lose weight. Chai seed to me is what acai seed use to be some odd years ago. On the plus side, though, Chia seed is an excellent source of fiber, calcium, omega fatty acids, protein, and antioxidants. I mean talk about a power breakfast. It sure beats hitting the bagel line.
You begin the process the night before and by morning, it will be ready for consumption. Since it’s loaded with antioxidant; it’s a good way to jump start your morning, and it’s like you’re having dessert but without the added calories.
This recipe uses strawberry flavored greek yoghurt, but you can achieve a similar result with virtually any flavor of yogurt. To customize it just add different fruits, nuts and, in this case, coconut. The coconut gives the pudding an extra layer of sweetness without overpowering it. The pudding will also make a great substitute for lunch, just store it in a mason jar and you’ve got yourself lunch on-the-go.
Yogurt Chia Seed Pudding
- 1-10 oz. bottle Strawberry flavored greek yogurt smoothie
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- handful blueberries
- handful dried goji berries
- handful sweet coconut flakes
- In a medium size bowl, mix chia seed and yogurt and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning stir again and top of with dried or fresh fruits and berries, nuts and coconut flakes are my favorites too.
- In this particular one, I used blueberries and dried goji berries.
- Serve cold.
Linking up with Organizing Junkie