Instant Pot Tuna Casserole served alone or with a side of salad. It’s kid-friendly and ready in less than 30 minutes. If you want a one-pot weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy, this will do the trick.
Raise your hands if you’re not trying to stress yourself out when it came to making dinner for your family. Okay, then this Instant Pot Tuna Casserole is for you. Also, while you’re here, have you tried my Tostada Salad? You might want to pair it with this casserole or any other meal you have on your menu for this week and don’t forget to add in one slice of Oreo Cheesecake.
Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
What you’ll need to make Tuna Casserole
- Wide egg noodles
- Half and half
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Frozen peas
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dill weed
- Kosher salt
Key Steps for Instant Pot Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Sauté the onions first. Use the pot’s sauté setting to melt some butter, add olive oil then the onions.
- Use chicken stock and half-half. Cooking the noodles in chicken stock makes a huge difference. Add the rest of the seasoning – salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, dill weed, and half-and-half.
- Use wild or extra wide egg noodles. Any size noodles will do but I prefer wide egg noodles because it soaks up all that yummy flavor
- Add Tuna Fish. Add your favorite canned tuna fish.
- Top with Soup. After evenly distributing your tuna on top of the noodles, add the cream of mushroom soup but don’t mix.
Serving Tuna Casserole
I often serve this with a side of salad, and maybe garlic bread because I have a picky eater that sometimes requires a lot or less on her plate depending on her mood. You can certainly eat it as is and you won’t feel like you’re missing out on much.
Variations and Substitutes
- Cream of Chicken Soup can be used in place of mushroom and the taste won’t be compromised.
- Elbow Macaroni. In place of egg noodles, you can use rice or elbow macaroni but I will suggest a bit of modification to accommodate for the change in texture. You can also use pasta – any variety will do.
- Spicy Tuna. I have used spicy Thai tuna in the past or those tuna in hot pepper sauce. It adds a bit of kick to the dish.
- If you want more dept, you can add more veggies – red bell pepper, carrots, etc. In the past, I’ve added mixed vegetables and it turned out just as good.
More casserole recipes:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 12-ounce package wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot on sauté mode. Once it is hot, add in your oil and butter. Stir well until the butter is completely melted. Once it is melting add in your onions. Sauté your onions for about 3 to 5 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- next, add in your chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, dill weed, and half-and-half. Mix well.
- Place your noodles on top of your liquid mixture. Do not stir.
- Add your tuna fish to the top of your noodles. Make sure they are evenly distributed on top of the noodles. Do not stir.
- Add your soup evenly distributed on top of your tuna mixture. Do not stir.
- Close the lid on your instant pot by twisting it close. Push the ceiling valve away from you to lock in the pressure. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for three minutes.
- After your three minutes have completed, using a hot pad or towel, bring the ceiling valve toward you to open and release the pressure.
- Once the pressure has been released, open your Insta pot by unscrewing the lid.
- Give your casserole a good mix.
- Mix in your peas. Stir well. Lastly, mixing your shredded cheese. Stir well.
- Enjoy this delicious comfort food casserole!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 904Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 33gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 2021mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 45g
All cup sizes are approximate. All nutritional data is approximate. So use at your own discretion.
Instant Pot Deals and Sales
Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow CookerInstant Pot Lux Mini 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer Slow CookerInstant Pot Aura Pro Multi-Use Programmable Slow Cooker with Sous VideNinja FD401 Foodi 8-Quart 9-in-1 Deluxe, Dehydrate, Air FryerInstant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow CookerInstant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker 9 in 1, 8 Qt, Easy Grip Handles
Can’t get enough? Sign up for The Afropolitan Mom Newsletter for fresh new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.