This easy Chewbacca donuts are baked not fried and ready in minutes. A dense cake like doughnuts topped with chocolate glaze.
Who is your favorite star wars character? For me, it’s Chewbacca and in Solo: A Star Wars Story, we got a chance to learn bit more about him which made me adore him even more. To be honest, I think he’s everyone’s favorite wookiee.
In celebration of Solo: A Star Wars Story in home release, here is a Star Wars Inspired Chewbacca Donuts. Coming up with this idea was easy but executing it took a few mishaps and you can see in the images how the donuts evolved hence the two different versions.
Between the two donuts, I have to say the toasted coconuts donuts is by far my favorite, however my family loved the chocolate sprinkled covered version. So both versions were a hit. I understand not everyone is a fan of coconut which is the reason why I made two slightly different ones. The core of the recipe however is the same, just the toppings are different.
Donuts or doughnuts, how do you like them? Fried will be my first option but these baked ones are healthier and equally tasty. They will be perfect for your next get together or birthday party. Double or half the recipe has you see fit.
We enjoyed our donuts while watching Solo: A Star Wars Story on Blu-ray. Although, I was at the premiere a few months ago, and saw it in theaters with my family, we were happy to watch it again in the comfort of our home with homemade treats.
Included in the digital and Blu-ray are deleted scenes, a look behind the scenes on how Chewie was brought to life, cast roundtable with director Ron Howard and the stars of the film, that includes, interviews with Joonas Suotamo who plays Chewbacca. Extended deleted scenes with Han and Chewie, and a look inside the Millenium Falcon.
Be careful not to over bake your donuts, so timing is important, and checking for doneness by inserting a tooth pick helped me get it right. Store these in an air-tight container and they will last for about 2 – 3 days.
Betty Crocker Decorating Icing Black, 4.2500-ounces (Pack of6)Baking Supplies Frosting Tools Set for Cupcakes CookiesWilton Performance PansWilton Industries Perfect Results Mega Cooling Rack, BlackKraft Paperboard Auto-Popup Window Pastry/Bakery Box
- For the Doughnuts
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- For the Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 3 tbsp coco powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- For the Decorations
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Pearls candy - silver or white
- Shredded coconuts
- Black or brown decorating icing
- #47 decorating tip, basket weave
- For the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease non-stick donut pan and set aside
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix, egg, oil and water until throughly combined
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased donut pan until are about ⅔ full
- Bake for about 8- 10 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let donuts cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes, remove from pan and move onto wire rack to cool completely.
- For the Glaze:
- In a medium sized bowl, shift confectioner sugar, cocoa powder and mix together
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix unit smooth and you have the desired consistency
- Assembling/Decorating the donuts:
- Dip or spread top of donut with glaze, until covered
- Sprinkle glazed donuts with chocolate sprinkles or toasted coconut
- Repeat with remaining donuts
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy
Solo: A Star Wars Story 2018 Region FreeStar Wars Solo: A Star Wars Story Backpack for AdultsFunko POP! Star Wars: Solo – Chewbacca Collectible Figure, MulticolorFunko POP! Disney Solo A Star Wars Movie: Han Solo and Chewbacca Bobble-Head Toy Action Figure – 2 POP BUNDLEStar Wars Chewbacca Han Solo Reversible Hoodie