Food & Recipes
Grilled Salmon Skewers
These grilled salmon skewers are among one of my favorite easy summer grilling recipes that can be enjoyed all year around. Marinated in a sweet and tangy apricot sauce and grilled to perfection.
They are super quick and tasty to make and if you plan it well they will be ready in less than 30 minutes. Which makes it a perfect meal for tailgating, weight loss meal prep or whatever you see fit.
First, the fillet fish are cut into 1-in squares, then marinated in a mixture of apricot preserves, soy sauce, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, thyme, and paprika.
This grilled fish kebabs recipe was sponsored by Alaska Seafood as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
To be completely honest, one of the things I’m going to miss about summer is the fact that we won’t be outside as much grilling which is why I often make this in a broiler when the weather outside gets too cold.
Got friends coming over for dinner, or you just want something special for the night. Stop by the fishmonger on your way home from work and ask for Wild Alaska Salmon, they are wild-caught and never farmed. This makes a difference when it comes to the quality of your seafood. So when you ask for Alaska seafood you can rest assured that you are using some of the best seafood in the world.
So my challenge to you is to go outside your normal routine and try something new, it could be this, grilled salmon skewers or wild-Alaska cod-fillet in tomato sauce, or an easy coconut salmon curry or this pan-seared Cajun salmon with pineapple salsa. Which ever one you choose, you won’t regret it.
Back to the grilled salmon skewers, if you make them and happen to have some leftover, you can put them in a warm tortilla, top it with shredded cabbage, salsa, cheese and you’ve got yourself a delicious fish taco for lunch the next day. Watch the quick step by step video below:
Grilled Salmon Skewers
- 1 lb Salmon (I used Wild-Caught Alaska Salmon)
- Wooden skewers
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ¼ oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bell red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak wood skewers in water for at least 30 minutes this will prevent them from burning
- Cut salmon into 1-inch squares and put it in a resealable bag
- In a large bowl whisk together all the ingredients then pour it onto the salmon and toss to coat
- Seal the bag and refrigerate the salmon for about 15 minutes
- Cut the peppers into 1-inch squares
- Fire up the grill or turn on the oven or broiler
- Thread the fish onto wooden skewers
- Oil the grates of the grill or grill pan and place the
- Put the fish under the broiler for 3-4 minutes then flip it over for an additional 3-4 minute or until the salmon is cooked through
- Serve warm with rice, couscous, salad or pita bread