Keto Air Fryer Blackened Salmon – Simple, flavorful and healthy keto blackened salmon with minimal effort you will dinner ready in less than 20 minutes.
Healthy lifestyle changes are often difficult and can be boring when it comes to limited food choices. Last year, I spent some time getting familiar with the keto lifestyle and I have seen some significant results, then the holidays happened and I gave up. I literally stopped trying. I’m trying to slowly warm my way back up, by doing keto and intermittent fasting. So, if you’re on the fence like me, then this keto cajun salmon is all you need to take your dinner from drab to fab.
How to Make Blackened Salmon
To make this blackened salmon, I recommend preheating your air fryer and spray it with oil. I don’t use the store-bought cooking spray, instead, I bought this and filled it with oil. It helps keeps the salmon from sticking to the pan.
Now drizzle the salmon with olive oil, rub generously with the seasoning, and air fry for about 7 – 10 minutes.
You might be wondering what the difference is between blackened seasoning and cajun, honestly, I have seen it being used interchangeably. However, I am not an expert but here is what I do. For one, blackened seasoning consists of paprika, onion, basil, cumin, chili powder, garlic and sometimes thyme. With this mix, there is a bit of heat but nothing you can’t handle.
More delicious salmon recipes:
Putting this keto blackened salmon together is fairly easy. You can get on the table in less than 30 minutes, as long as you’re using fresh or thawed salmon. You can serve with spinach, brown rice or quinoa. Don’t forget to pin this to your dinner board so you can remember to make it for the family this week. Don’t forget to make some extras so you can enjoy blackened salmon tacos for lunch or dinner the next day. Perfect if you’re into meal planning.
Air Fryer for your Blackened Salmon:
- 1 lb. Salmon cut into 3 fillets
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Basil
- ¼ tsp. Onion powder
- ¼ tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings together, and mix to combine well.
- Drizzle the salmon pieces with olive oil, and rub it in on both sides.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the fillets, and rub it into both sides.
- Place the salmon skin-side down onto a tray in the air fryer.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until the salmon has reached your desired level of doneness. This will vary depending on the size and shape of your fillets.