Food & Recipes
Easy Instant Pot Pasta with Meat Sauce
Enjoy a deliciously satisfying dinner with this Easy Instant Pot Pasta with Meat Sauce recipe. It will easily become a weeknight family favorite and perfect for entertaining as well. Add a bowl of salad and you have a full meal.
So confession this recipe initially was supposed to be an Instant Pot Fettuccine Bolognese, but I didn’t have heavy cream on hand, so here is a delicious plate of Easy Instant Pot Pasta with Meat Sauce Hey, you’ve to make do with what you have. It’s just as pleasant as bolognese but without the creamy taste.
Easy Instant Pot Pasta with Meat Sauce
The main ingredients for making this instant pot pasta recipe are
- Ground beef: I use lean ground beef because it has a nice combination of healthy fat and beef – 92% lean and 8% fat or higher is what I recommend. The fat gives it that nice buttery flavor, trust me you want your beef with some fat. You can also use ground turkey.
- Pasta: I used Fettuccine pasta that I get from my local grocery stores. If you can’t find them, use can spaghetti or angel hair pasta or penna pasta, even rigatoni.
- Meat sauce: This recipe, used homemade meat sauce which is way better than store-bought. It’s a better option because you can season and customize it as you see fit.
What is Meat Sauce
To put it lightly, it’s meat simmered in tomato sauce and if you’re feeling fancy you can add wine. Nothing beats homemade meat sauce. Rich with tomatoes and herbs this meat sauce is instant pot ready thanks to modern technology. Historically it’s usually simmered over low heat to allow the flavors to come together but not anymore. Saute onions, garlic, tomatoes sauce, and ground beef and or sausage and you have yourself a hearty bowl of meat sauce. If you’re vegan and don’t want meat, try chopping up some mushrooms, into tiny pieces to replace the meat. The sauce is versatile and can be easily customized to suit your taste bud.
How To Make Easy Instant Pot Pasta with Meat Sauce (Step by Step Method)
You can make this in a saucepan or an instant pot (which was used with this recipe). Both options will turn out fine.
More delicious pasta recipes for you to try:
- 1 pound of ground Sirloin
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 large sweet onion - chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 large cans of tomato sauce - 16 ounces each
- 1 large can of Stewed Tomatoes - 28 ounces
- 1 can of tomato paste - 6 ounces
- 2 cups of water (plus more if needed - see instructions)
- 2 Tablespoons of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon of ground Oregano
- 1 teaspoon of coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned pepper
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ pound of Fettuccine
- Parmesan Cheese - to top
- Finely chopped Parsley - to top
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the SAUTE setting, and melt the butter in the Instant Pot. Add the chopped onion, and saute until caramelized, or golden brown. Add the ground Sirloin, and cook until well browned, and no pink is left. Turn off the Saute setting. Add the minced garlic, tomato sauce (both cans), stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, sweet basil, ground Oregano, garlic salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, and brown sugar. Stir all together until well mixed. Add the Fettuccine, and make sure it's completely covered and not sticking out of the sauce. (You can break it in half to make it easier to submerge in the sauce). (If you need to add a little more water, to make sure the Fettuccine is covered, add another ½ cup).
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING. Press the MANUAL button, and set the time for 8 minutes. When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, beeps and goes to OFF, go ahead and quickly release the pressure, by turning the pressure valve from sealing to VENTING. When all the pressure has been released, and the FLOAT VALVE drops down, remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and stir the Fettuccine, and sauce. (This is where I taste the sauce, to see if it needs any more seasonings, or if it's just right). If you need to add anything, do it now, and stir well to blend. Serve on plates, or in pasta bowls, and top with Parmesan cheese, and a little Parsley. Pair with crusty bread, or even a side salad. Serve, and Enjoy!