Uber easy Italian baked pasta, perfect for week night dinner.
– 3 cups uncooked Pasta – I used rotini, you can use penne or ziti
– 1.5 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast – cut into cubes
– 2.5 shredded mozzarella cheese
– 2 cups water
– 1 can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
– *Seasoning – dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, rosemary
– Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Put pasta, chicken and 1.5 cup cheese into baking dish
- Mix tomatoes, seasonings, and water in a bowl until well blended
- Pour tomato mixture over pasta and chicken
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes
- Remove foil, stir and sprinkle remaining cheese
- Return to oven and bake additional 5 minutes, so the cheese can melt
- Remove from oven and serve
I usually eat it with a side of salad, sometimes garlic bread or by itself.
*I used a premixed italian seasoning – i mix it awhile back, but you can certainly buy one at the store.