Red White and Blue Patriotic Cupcake in a Jar is a moist layer of cupcakes frosted with creamy homemade cream cheese frosting.
Red White and Blue Patriotic Cupcake in a Jar
Yes, a fun and festive way to celebrate the 4th of July isn’t just limited the food, dessert is a must, and this cupcake will be a beautiful addition to any festivities. Show off your American pride or let this Red White and Blue Patriotic Cupcake in a Jar be the main star of your Memorial Day or July 4th festivities.
How to Make Cupcakes in a Jar
Assembling this is relatively easy and depending on what you’re using it for you can make it as straightforward or as complicated as you see fit. This also makes great gifts or favors for weddings and birthday parties. Each jar contains two cupcakes with cream cheese fillings. Pipping these works best with a bag although you can probably scoop in the filling but it won’t have the same effect and might prove rather tricky and messy. For these, we opted for 80z jars, but you can also use smaller jars which means just one cupcake per jar instead of two. Keep in mind though that this recipe will yield 30 cupcakes which end up to be 15 cupcake jars total.
4th of July Cupcakes in a Jar Tips
- Use piping bags for convenience, it looks good, and it’s less messy.
- Make sure you push the first cake to the bottom to avoid having air in the jar
- Use an 8-oz jelly jar for bite-size treats.
If you’re gifting these, tie a disposable spoon around it and add a bow for a lasting impression.
It’s the season for summer festivities. You might also like –
Patriotic Boozy Popsicles – Red, White & Blue Poptails
15 Mouthwatering Patriotic Desserts
10 of Our Favorite 4th of July Easy Recipes
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- ⅓ Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- The egg whites of 4 eggs (no EGG YOLKS)
- 2 Jars Creamy Homestyle Cream Cheese Frosting
- Blue and Red Food Coloring
- Holiday Sprinkles
- 8oz Mason Jars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- Add in cake mix, milk, and egg whites and mix well.
- Spoon into cupcake liners filling about ⅔ full.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (do not overcook).
- Remove from oven and let cupcakes cool completely.
- Separate frosting into two separate bowls and color with red or blue food coloring until the desired color.
- Put a layer of icing in the bottom of the mason jar (I used a piping bag).
- Then add a cupcake layer.
- Other frosting color and then add another layer of the cupcake.
- To finish, garnish with sprinkles and enjoy!