Looking for a healthy alternative to traditional apple pie, try Rustic Apple Galette. Ready in less than an hour. It isn’t too sweet & family will love it.
Hi there, hope you guys had a wonderful weekend. Fall is here, so we went apple picking as part of our traditional fall family activity. Frankly, I felt fall crept in on us because the weather has been summer life which means although we went apple picking the pool is still open and our local park is filled with family’s enjoying every bit of the good weather.
Speaking of family, a family friend shared this easy rustic apple galette recipe with me and I couldn’t keep it to myself. It’s a classic French apple tart and it’s pretty straightforward and easy to whip up. It’s perfect for Thanksgiving or if you want to celebrate the flavor of fall without compromising on taste.
Rustic Apple Galette
To make life easy, I used premade pie crust, which cut the prep time down significantly. For the apples, I used ginger gold apples which I was told was a cross between golden delicious and another apple variety.
For easy cleanup, use parchment paper or baking pan liner. They are wonderful.
To truly enjoy this apple galette, top it with a scoop of ice cream and if you wish drizzle on some caramel sauce to take it up a notch.
- 1 9" Pie Crust, Standard-type Frozen, Ready-to-bake
- 4 large apples, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Sugars, Granulated
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 tsp Orange Peel
- 1 large Egg, Whole Raw, Fresh
- Thaw and roll out pie crust according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and mix until well combines then set aside
- Roll out pie crust into 15-inch circle and place on baking sheet
- Put the apple slices in the middle of the pie crust, leaving at least a 2-inch border
- Fold the crust over the apples and lightly brush with beaten egg
- Sprinkle the crust generously with sugar and top the apple with sliced butter
- Put in the oven and bake 45-50 minutes until golden brown and apples are tender
- Serve warm or at room temperate with ice cream, drizzle with caramel sauce