There are only a few rice pudding that I enjoy, and this fluffy Pumpkin Rice Pudding is one of them. The girls are obsessed with it, so I try and make it for them a few times during the holiday season. It’s a great vegan recipe and if you’re counting calories use brown rice for a healthy alternative.
It’s a nice combination of rice pudding and pumpkin. Not too sweet, creamy, fluffy – simply perfection. Can you taste the flavor already? Using ingredients you’ve in your pantry, this will be ready in 30 minutes or less. If you want a bit of a crunch, you can add 1/3 cup of finely chopped pecans to the mix. It will make a dessert for the family on a cold fall day or any day for that matter.
Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- 1½ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- In a medium sauce pan, add milk, sugar and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add rice, pumpkin puree and stir
- Add butter, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract and nutmeg
- Stir until well combined and let it simmer, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into a serving bowl and top with a dollop of whipped cream
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin spice
- Serve warm or cold.
Linking up with Organizing Junkie