With a few weeks left of summer, I have sort of settled into my summer beauty routine. However, as we anticipate the harsh winter weather, I figured there is no better time than now to share prepare for an epic chapped-free winter by making your own lemon-lime sugar lip scrub at home. Of course, you don’t have to wait till winter to have beautiful kissable lips. This lip scrub only takes minutes to make and will make a great gift.
This recipe will make enough lemon-lime sugar lip scrub to fill 2 small lip balm containers. You can double or triple as you see fit.
It's surprisingly easy to whip up a batch of homemade sugar lip scrubClick To Tweet
To give it a nice lemony hue, add a drop yellow food color. This is optional but it helps gives it some color.
Lemon-Lime Sugar Lip Scrub
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 drops lemon essential oil
- 3-4 drops lime essential oil
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil (optional)
- 1 drop yellow food color (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and coconut oil together.
- Add the lemon and lime essential oils. Stir until well blended.
- Optional: add the Vitamin E drops and food coloring and mix well. Most lemon essential oils have a yellow tint, so your lip scrub will be a light yellow, naturally. If you want the color to be a bit darker, add the coloring.
- Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 3 months.
HOW TO USE
1. Wet lips with warm water and apply the lemon-lime lip scrub.
2. Gently rub your lips in a circular motion to allow the sugar to exfoliate and the coconut oil to moisturize.
3. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel or washcloth.
4. Apply your favorite lip balm moisturizer.
- Sugar is a commonly used in scrubs as a natural skin exfoliant.
- Coconut oil moisturizes and plumps up the skin.
- Lemon essential oil has a sharp, citrus scent and is widely used for its cleansing and invigorating properties.
- Lime essential oil is full of antibacterial and astringent properties and gives you a quick pick me up with its clean, refreshing scent.
Make this easy DIY lemon-lime sugar lip scrub and get ready to pucker just in time for winter.