So you’re looking for ways to add some pizzazz to your holiday decor? Try this DIY holiday planter, made using empty water bottle. Amazing right? Yes, they were a breeze to make and I was pretty happy with the end result.
DIY Holiday Planter
For the planters, I used an empty DASANI® bottle. Did you know DASANI PlantBottle® packaging is made from up to 30% plant-based material that replaces some of the non-renewable petroleum used in other plastic. The bottles are specially designed to be 100% recyclable, which means it helps in reducing your carbon footprint. Besides, the weight of the bottles has been reduced which means it require less plastic, and it helps conserve natural resources and lower CO2 emissions.
Here is what you will need:
- potting mix
- 3 empty water bottle (I used DASANI)
- liquid leaf (florentine gold)
- masking tape
- foam brush
- Using a scissor cut the water bottle at the desired height. I wanted my planter to be a bit tall, so I cut it right at the perforation and used the top as a candle holder (see image below)
- Cover the top of the bottom bottle with masking tape and paint the liquid leaf, stroking in one direction. Let it dry an hour and give it a second coat
- Fill your new upcycled planter with potting mix, add poinsettia and you will be good to go
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DASANI & The Coca-Cola Company.