It’s the first day of spring and if your skin has suffered the harsh winter, here is a DIY Whipped Lavender Body Butter to get your skin right back on track. Sad to admit but my skin gets really ashy especially during the winter months. I haven’t found a way to get rid of it yet but in the meantime, I am sticking to a strict regime that keeps my skin moisturized.
How to Make DIY Whipped Lavender Body Butter
For this, the base ingredient is coconut. It seems like an ideal choice because it offers lots of benefits and it smells amazing.
For best result make sure the coconut oil is in solid form, it’s easier to mix. Leave it in a cool place to form. Add the lavender oil and rest of the ingredient then whip together. Try not to over whip or it will become liquidize.
DIY Whipped Lavender Body Butter
- 1 cup coconut oil (solid form)
- 10-12 drops lavender essential oil
- 3-4 drops Vitamin E oil
- 1-2 drops purple food coloring (optional)
- Add the coconut oil to a large glass bowl. You will want the coconut oil to be in solid form, otherwise, it will not whip correctly. (If you live in an area where your coconut oil is in liquid form at room temperature, refrigerate it before whipping).
- Sprinkle the lavender essential oil, vitamin E oil and purple coloring (optional) on top of the solid coconut oil. If you do not use the coloring, you're whipped body butter will be white in color with an amazing lavender scent.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, mix for 7 to 8 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to an airtight glass container and store for up to 3 months.
- Use in place of body lotion for all dry areas on the skin.
Storing your DIY Whipped Lavender Body Butter should be fairly easy just put it in an airtight container and leave it in a cool dry place, no refrigeration needed. If you like this, check out this homemade vanilla cinnamon body butter.
Don’t forget to pin it.