Picture this, it’s Friday night, you’ve managed to put the kids to bed with enough energy to muster up a few strength to make it upstairs just in time to draw your bath water. To quote, Shailene Woodley “Get in a bath and look at your body and be like, ‘Wow, thank you so much for hosting my mind and my heart.”That’s usually how I feel at the end of a grueling work week. Fast forward an hour and I am either fast asleep or streaming a movie on Netflix. Treat yourself to a little R & R with today’s DIY Bubble Gum Bath Salts. These would also make great gifts and favor for just about anyone – birthdays, baby shower, bridal shower, divorce party, retirement party, you name it. The recipe below will yield about 2 cups of bubble gum bath salts. You can double or triple the recipe as you see fit, adjusting where necessary.
Bubble Gum Bath Salts
To make the bubble gum bath salts DIY, you’ll need the following:
- 1 1/2 cups Epson salts
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 5-6 drops bubble gum flavoring
- Optional: blue food gel
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the salts and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
- Add the bubblegum flavoring. If you want the bath salts tinted a certain color, add a few drops of your preferred food gel color. Otherwise, the bath salts will be a light pink due to the bubble gum flavoring. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the bath salts into an airtight container and store up to 6 months.
HOW TO USE BATH SALTS
- Pour 1/4-1/2 cup of bath salts into warm bath water.
- Sit back and enjoy the bubble gum scent!
Now that you’ve your bath salt draw a warm bath and make sure you put up a do not disturb sign so you can enjoy a few minutes of uninterrupted me time. After that, if you’re up for it, check out the new season of Grace and Frankie on Netflix.