Food & Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Wontons
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Wontons crispy, deep-fried parcels, filled with chocolate chip cookie dough. Simple, tasty and effortless dessert.
I know the title of this recipe has you wondering what all the fuss is about, am I right? It’s okay, wontons are deep-fried dough with fillings, in this case, the filling is chocolate chip cookie dough. It will be hard for you to make these without trying some out yourself. Prepare this tasty dessert for your next gathering and watch them disappear. They are addictive. Crispy Wontons fried or baked to golden perfection and filled with chocolate filling. These cookie dough wontons are inexpensive to make, ready in less than 30 minutes and perfect for game day or any day for that matter. If you have some leftover wonton wrapper, make these sushi egg rolls, they are simple and fun to nibble on.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Wontons Recipe
They are the perfect combination of crispy outside and gooey inside. They don’t look like much when you’re putting them together, but it all comes out beautifully golden at the end.
They are ridiculously easy to make, literally wonton wrapped in chocolate chip cookie dough, then deep-fried. Yes, that’s all.
This recipe is foolproof, but I recommend following the steps provided below. It’s less than an hour to make but if you want to cut down more time you can try substituting with store-bought cookie dough. I haven’t tried them, but I will imagine they will come out close or at least somewhat similar. Keep in mind the taste will be different because nothing beats homemade. For starters, I recommend looking through the ingredients list and kitchen tools to make sure you have everything you need. Sometime in the future, I will try these as flautas, it will be just as good, and it will offer more bites. Also, I’m curious to see how this will work with an air-fryer.
‘Tis the season for small bites. You might also like –
Homemade Sushi Egg Rolls Recipe
Deep-Fried Dough Bites (Puff-Puff)
Black Beans and Coconut Tarts – Frejon
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Wontons
- 48 wontons
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ flour
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- To prepare cookie dough, combine butter and sugars.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Next, add baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips.
- To assemble wontons, lay them on a flat surface with a teaspoon of cookie dough in the middle.
- Brush all four edges with milk.
- Next, fold wonton into a triangle, sealing both edges. Also, be sure to push out any air trapped inside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan to about 300 degrees.
- Place wontons into hot oil for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- When done, remove wontons and place them on paper towels to absorb access oil.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!