Ways to Unwind as a Busy Mom
- Brunch with family/friends. Be social, go out with the people you love and have some fun. Share a few laughs while enjoying a meal at your favorite spot. Don’t have time for a full meal, meet up for happy hour. Sometimes meeting up with friends/family for a few hours is all that’s needed to reset.
- Unwind with a good book/magazine. Pour yourself a glass of wine, coffee or tea and cuddle up with a good book or magazine. Stimulate your mind. By stimulating your mind it takes attention away from the anxiety of a busy schedule.
- Practice self-care. Self-care could be facial, mani/pedi or massage. The goal is to make yourself a priority. You can start by treating yourself to a quick facial. Using a few pantry staples, you can whip up a facial scrub that will leave your skin feeling smooth and soft in no time. Try this quick homemade facial scrub.
- Exercise. Exercise is a known stress-reducer and an instant mood booster. No one leaves the gym feeling sad. After a workout, I usually feel energized pumped and ready to take on the world. Not a fan of exercise, then go for a walk. Try your hand at Yoga. Yoga has been known to be instrumental in relieving stress.
- Binge watch your favorite shows. If time alone is what you crave, taking a few hours off to watch your favorite show could be of benefit to you. If you have Verizon FiOS on-demand you can watch new release while they’re still in the theater. Don’t care for a movie, Verizon FiOS has specific channels dedicated to music and concerts.
Bonus tip, take some time to do something you enjoy. I know it isn’t often easy to take some time off but sometimes it’s necessary. Don’t have someone to watch the kids, make a trade with a fellow mom. She watches your kids and you do the same for her. Hope these tips help you on your journey in living a well-balanced life.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Verizon FiOS