Does this bread look stale? That was the beginning of how this Strawberry Bread Pudding came about. I had bread that was old and needed to salvage it hence this yummy creation. I am almost embarrassed to say; I added coconut because y’all know just how much my love for coconut goes. Seriously, I might need an intervention. The recipe is probably good without the coconut, but the addition of coconut make this strawberry bread pudding the cat’s meow.
It’s super easy to put together, so if you’re looking for a quick recipe I didn’t use a traditional bowl. Instead, I used a ramekin. I believe this is the 3rd time I am using the ramekin, and I like them. I got mine from target and here is similar version.
So here is where things got a bit interesting, I used this, instead of heavy cream and eggs. Don’t judge till you try it, seriously don’t judge.
Strawberry Bread Pudding
- 1 - 3.4 oz box of vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups - stale french baguette, cubed
- 2 cups- strawberry diced
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup - chocolate morsels
- 2½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease your ramekin set.
- In a small bowl, add the strawberry, sprinkle the sugar and set aside
- Combine pudding powder, milk and whisk till well combined
- Pour mix into buttered ramekin dish. Top with strawberry, chocolate morsels, and shredded coconut.
- Bake for 40 minutes until custard is set and knife comes out clean
- Let it set for about 10 minutes, then dust with powdered sugar and serve warm or cold.
Strawberry Bread Pudding Video
Linking up with Orgjunkie today.