Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Pineapple. I remember growing up and watching my Dad make homemade yogurt and on occasion he also made cheese. It was one of the times, I cherish about my childhood.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a shopper social amplification for Collective Bias. #Cbias #GOWalmart #2040
He was a food technologist, so every weekend the family looked forward to his many creations centered mostly around diary products. That was the only time he brought work home and we were excited to peek into his world.
So when I saw that Walmart had an ice cream maker on sale, I decided to get it. I figured it will be a nice way for me and my family to create our own memories. Our first creation – Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Pineapple, perfect addition to our Summer grilling.
To add a special touch to our yummy dessert, I bought fresh pineapple from the produce section at Walmart.
Do you know how to pick the perfect pineapple? Well, I didn’t either, until John a sales associate at Walmart explained to me. A ripe pineapple produce a dull sound when you tap on it. Yes, that’s the trick. John use work as a chef for a luxury hotel, so picking out the best produce is one of his many expertise.
To give the pineapple an extra sweet touch, I coated it with cinnamon and brown sugar. It can be eaten alone but accompanied with the ice cream it’s delicious.
I served the ice cream with the grilled pineapple and topped with toasted coconuts. When the girls saw the finished product, they couldn’t wait to give it a try. This easy summer dessert is a treat my family could get use to, it’s perfect for satisfying our sweet tooth during the hot summer months.
Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Pineapple
- 1 package of frozen delights creamy vanilla ice cream mix
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Combine ice cream mix, milk, and vanilla extract whisk until well blended
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn until done
- Transfer ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours to allow the ice cream to harder
- Mix the melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar, set aside
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat, brush with oil before cooking
- Brush pineapple with sugar mixture
- Grill pineapple for 3 to 5 minutes turning once
- Remove pineapple from grill and top with ice cream
Check out more great summer grilling recipes