Fresh Strawberry Ice Pops. Since it’s strawberry season, my family and I ventured out to the farm to pick some fresh in season strawberries. We wanted the pick of the litter so we left the house at the crack of dawn hoping to be the first ones there. Sadly we weren’t the only ones, who wanted to get an early start, the farm was packed.
It rained the night before, so the grounds were fairly wet which according to the farmer makes it a perfect time to harvest. We were encouraged to walk around, explore the different types of strawberries they had, while doing a taste test.
Two hours later, we had more strawberries than we could ever had asked for. We went home, and I spent the rest of the weekend, canning, baking, and juicing. By Sunday night, I had made strawberry cream cheese hand pies, strawberry jam, strawberry pie, strawberry lemonade, strawberry ice cream and these yummy fresh strawberry ice Pops. The kids couldn’t have asked for a better weekend.
Fresh Strawberry Ice Pops
- 1 quart fresh strawberries - washed and hulled
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 fresh lemon - squeezed - 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, add strawberries and sugar, toss till well coated
- Cover and store in refrigerator for about 20 - 30 minutes
- Add marinated strawberries plus lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth
- *Pour strawberry puree into mold
- Freeze until firm, roughly 6 - 24 hours.
Speaking of kids, do your kids help you in the kitchen? I really should do a whole post on that. Mine are getting to that age where, I am putting more effort in including them in the kitchen. Although on this patricular day, we were being extremely lazy, so we chose to leave the strawberry seeds in, but if you don’t like the seeds, follow instruction till step 4, then strain to get the seeds out. Easy peasy.