I’m addicted to cooking shows, our favorite being Top Chef. When I watch the show, I marvel at how the contestants effortlessly create such masterpiece at the blink of an eye. I admire their creative and the ingenious recipes they create.
With the introduction of Top Chef University To-Go a free iPhone app that allows users to watch informational cooking videos and learn cooking terminology with a variety of different recipes, I’m excited that an aspiring chef like myself will be able to cook like a top chef in no time.
Top Chef University To-Go App Features:
- Cook and learn from the top 11 chef’testants at Top Chef University
- Over 60 hours of video featuring our favorite Top Chef contestants
- A wealth of printable recipes
- Access to over 200 lessons organized into 20 courses
- Watch lesson videos in high definition
Courses available from Top Chef University To-Go are:
- Basics and Techniques
- Stocks, Soups, Sauces & Salads
- Cooking Techniques I: Sauté, Boil, Grill
- Cooking Techniques II: Roast, Braise, Fry, Confit – a staple of French cooking
- Vegetables, Eggs, Dairy & Cheese
- Pork, Poultry, Turkey, Quail & Duck
- Beef & Lamb
- Fish & Seafood (scallops, oysters, mussels, clams, shrimp, crab and lobster)
- Pasta Grains, Bread
- Desserts – fruits, cookies, cakes, pies, tarts, custards, puddings and more
- Global Cuisine – Chinese, Indian, Spanish, Thai, Mexican & German
- Entertaining & Advanced Technique with the science of some modern cooking methods
Here is a short clip from my favorite contestant Carla Hall, Top Chef Season 5 runner up and co-host of AB’s The Chew – watch as she shows us kitchen and culinary basics on how to pick the perfect knife.
Top Chef University To-Go app is available for download on iTunes. To learn more check out their website, don’t forget to like Top Chef University To-Go on Facebook, follow them on Twitter and Download App on iTunes.
I can’t wait to give this app a try, so I can start churning out beautiful well executed dishes worthy of the top chef title just in time for Thanksgiving.
Disclaimer: This post was made possible by Top Chef University