Are you looking for a fun and easy Easter recipe try with the kids, then give this Milk Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispies Treats a try. They’re perfect for Easter or anytime you’re craving something sweet.
Milk Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispies Treats for Easter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10oz mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 bag Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- Red or pink food coloring
- 2 tablespoons shortening or oil (canola or coconut)
- Wilton Easter Sprinkles Assortment
- Egg-shaped cookie cutter
- Parchment paper
- For Egg-shaped Treats
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add a few drops of red or pink food coloring and mix until the desired color is achieved. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated and coloring is uniform.
- Using oiled spatula or parchment paper, evenly press mixture into 1″-2″ pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool. (This would be a good time to prep candy melts).
- Cut out egg shapes with cookie cutter.
- For Milk Chocolate
- Melt one bag of Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts using the microwave or double boiler method (preferred).
- Stir in 2 tablespoons shortening or oil until smooth.
- Dip egg-shaped Rice Krispies Treats, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Set on parchment paper and add sprinkles to chocolate.
- Let set to harden on parchment paper or transfer paper to the refrigerator for a quick set.
Disclaimer: May contain affiliate link. Linking up with OrgJunkie.com