When the weather outside drops, I usually find myself enjoying a bowl of soup to keep warm. This Butternut Squash Bisque is no exception; I had it last week at an event hosted by Panasonic to showcase some of their new kitchen appliances.
— Afropolitan Mom (@AfropolitanMom) November 13, 2015
I decided to try it at home by adding my own special touch to it, hence today’s recipe. It’s quiet delightful! It’s creamy, delicious & 100% kid-approved. It will also make a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu. Prep it the night before so you can put your feet up while the turkey is in the oven.
Overall the recipe was pretty easy to put together with the exception of cutting and dicing the squash. If you’re in a hurry, I would suggest getting a pre-cut squash at the grocery store. It will cut 10 minutes out of your prep time.
If for some odd reason you can’t find butternut squash, you can substitute with pretty much any winter squash like pumpkin, acorn squash, etc
Butternut Squash Bisque
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of chicken broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 small
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, saute onion till translucent
- Add the squash, chicken broth and cinnamon, cover and let it simmer until squash is soft.
- Scoop out the squash and transfer into a blender, I used the Panasonic MX-ZX1800 blender
- Add the almond milk and blend until smooth
- Return the pureed soup into the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowl and serve hot.
If you decide to give this Butternut Squash Bisque recipe a try, please come back and let me know what you think.
Linking up with OrgJunkie today. Post contains affiliate links.