How does that saying go – Necessity is the mother of invention? Well, I created this recipe a few years ago out of sheer necessity. I just had my daughter, hadn’t been to the grocery store in weeks and needed to make a quick dinner for hubby before he gets home from work. My daughter was finally sleeping, so I didn’t want to disturb her by getting her up and heading to the store so I did what any self-respecting accidental cook would do. I looked around the kitchen for anything I could find that was palatable and voilà this baby was invented. It was easy to make, and hubby enjoyed it, so I added it to our rotation.
Rotini with Spicy Mango Jalapeno Chicken Sausage
- 12 oz. Spicy Mango with Jalapeño Smoked Chicken Sausage
- 2 cups uncooked Rotini Pasta
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- ½ cup Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cook Pasta according to package - Al Dente
- While pasta is cooking heat oil in medium
- Add garlic and sliced sausage
- Sautee garlic and sausage till slightly browned
- Add vinegarette dressing and let's simmer for about 2 mins
- Add the al Dente pasta in sautéed sauce and coat in dressing add more dressing if needed
- Simmer for about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve
Have you ever stumbled upon a recipe while experimenting in the kitchen? How did it turn out?