During my last trip to LA, I went to dinner and a paint and sip to celebrate the release of the Walt Disney Signature Collection of Lady and the Tramp. When I got home and showed my children the painting. I was surprised at the amount of time it took them to guessed the movie. That is when it dawned on me. I have failed my girls. This is a timeless classic and for some odd reason my husband and I never played it for them. I remember watching it when I was younger. So to discover that my 11 and 7 year old daughters hasn’t seen it was a real eye opener. Weirdly enough they recognized the dogs when I showed them a picture so they are familiar with the movie but have never actually seen it. Needless to say we are changing that right away. With the newly released ‘Lady and the Tramp’ Walt Disney Signature Collection on Blu-ray.
Back to my girls night in LA. To kick off the night, we had a three course dinner at Maggiano’s. After dinner we took a brisk walk around The Grove. Then we headed out to a paint and sip in honor of Lady and the Tramp.
One of the many reasons, why I enjoy going on the Disney press junket besides the fact that it’s an incredible opportunity. Is the simple fact that it offers me a chance to meet new people and reacquaint myself with some friends I met online. So having the chance to spend the evening, painting, dancing and getting to know each other was icing on the cake.
As the evening progressed, I completely forgot that I couldn’t sing and belted out a few songs as it played on the radio. No reservation because at the end of the night, everyone was having a good time. I have to say, I am a bit disappointed at myself though, because I always considered myself an artist. Granted, I am no Jackson Pollock but I fancy myself good with a brush. So imagine my surprise when I had a hard time following the concept and bringing my art to life. Below is the final result. I will let you guess, which one is mine.
At the end of the day, we all went home with a masterpiece. Most of all, I was surprise how much fun I had and will definitely start incorporating more paint and sip into my girls night out or my self care routine.
Lady and the Tramp Trailer
Lady and the tramp now available on blu-ray – get it here.
Lady and the Tramp bonus features includes lots of extras and so much more:
- Original Theatrical Edition — Enjoy this cherished Disney classic that captivates audiences of all ages.
- Sing-Along Mode — Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Inside Walt’s Story Meetings — As you view the film, hear reenactments of Walt’s story sessions with animators and see how their ideas were realized on-screen.
New Signature Bonus
- Walt & His Dogs — Through archival recordings and photos, hear the tales of the dogs Walt Disney owned and loved over his lifetime.
- Stories from Walt’s Office — Take a tour of Walt’s office suite on the Studio lot, carefully re-created to look just as it did when he occupied it.
- How to Make a Meatball and Other Fun Facts About “Lady and The Tramp” — Watch a delicious lesson on how to make perfect meatballs with teen chef Amber Kelley and Oh My Disney Show Host Alexys Gabrielle.
- “Peace on Earth”
- “What Is a Baby/La La Lu”
- “The Siamese Cat Song”
- “Bella Notte”
- “He’s a Tramp”
Classic Bonus Features
- Diane Disney Miller: Remembering Dad — Walt’s daughter shares memories of her father and Disneyland’s early days, as well as a look at his apartment above the firehouse.
- Never-Recorded Song – “I’m Free as the Breeze” — Take a listen to a song originally meant to be sung by Tramp.