Not that you need an excuse to throw a party but Cinco de Mayo is in a few days and a perfect time to indulge in all your favorite Mexican recipes. These Key Lime Cookies with Tequila Glaze is easy as Uno, dos, tres.
Best part, they’re perfect, if you’re going to work the next day and don’t want the dreadful tequila hangover. If you took the rest of week off because, hey mother’s day is around the corner, then you’ve to try this Strawberry-Watermelon Jalapeño Martini , it’s amazing. Pick up some tortilla chips and pair them with this homemade Pico de gallo or for a slightly fruity dip, here is a sweet pineapple and mango salsa. There you have it. Everything you need for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Now turn on some mariachi music, and dance while savoring the many tastes of Mexico.
Key Lime Cookies with Tequila Glaze
- 1 box Key Lime Mix (I used this one)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk (or water)
- 1 Tablespoon tequila
- 1 Tablespoon margarita salt (optional)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. Mix until well blended.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie dough ball slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. (Be careful not to overlook or the edges will turn brown fast).
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar and milk (or water) and tequila. Stir until a thick icing glaze develops. (If it's too thin, it will run off the cookie). To thicken the glaze, add more powdered sugar. To thin it, add more tequila (or water).
- Place the cooled key lime cookies on the wax paper-lined cookie sheet
- Spoon the glaze into a pastry bag or Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off.
- Drizzle the glaze onto each cookie.
- Add a pinch of margarita salt on top of the glaze (optional)
- Sprinkle a pinch of lime zest on top of each cookie and ENJOY!!