Wondering what to make for dinner tonight? This easy chicken recipe of chili coconut chicken is a favorite at our house. Don’t let the chili in the recipe scare you; the addition of coconut cream has toned it down.
Serve it over rice for a truly authentic flavor. Although this recipe calls for peanut butter, if you’re not a fan of peanut you can leave it out and it will still taste good.
Check out the video below to see how this easy chicken recipe is made.
Easy Chicken Recipe
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless chicken strips, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 small green pepper, slice it into strips
- 1 small red pepper, cut it into strips
- 6 dried red chili pepper
- ½ tbsp chicken bouillon
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter (optional)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1⅓ cup chicken broth
- ⅔ cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup water
- In a medium bowl, mix cream of coconut and chicken broth. Set aside.
- On medium heat, heat oil in large saucepan and add garlic and onion, cook until translucent.
- Add the chicken strips, stir and cook until golden.
- Stir in the red and green pepper, till well mixed.
- Add salt and chicken seasoning to taste.
- Add peanut butter, coconut and chicken broth mix, lemon juice, and simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, mix well.
- Slowly, add the cornstarch, stirring till it thickens.
- Let it simmer gently for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with thinly sliced scallions
- Service with jasmine rice or long-grain white rice.