This Ultimate Sideline Hero Kit has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SidelineHero #CollectiveBias
I remember the first time I met my sister in law. She arrived about 20 minutes late to dinner, and I remember thinking, gosh she’s so frazzled. She apologized for being late and spent the rest of the night talking about her children’s soccer and basketball game. I left dinner that night, silently thinking that could never be me.
Fast forward more than 10 years later, I’ve become her, the sport mom. I spend my weekends on the soccer field, chasing after imaginary ball on the sideline, yelling and screaming at the coach for the bad call. Why isn’t my daughter playing defense? How come we don’t practice twice a week?
Honestly, I love cheering the girls on the sideline. It’s has become a family affair. After a crazy work week, it’s our family bonding time and I think the girls appreciate seeing us play a major role in something they enjoy doing.
If you’re like us, you spend your weekends on the soccer field and you know which spot to seat to avoid the morning sun. Here is your Ultimate Sideline Hero Kit from a sport mom, follow these easy steps to pull it off like a pro –
How to Create the Ultimate Sideline Hero Kit:
- To keep the players hydrated, pick up the 12 oz – 12 pack Powerade from Walmart. They come in various flavors like fruit punch, orange sport, and mountain berry blast
- You can also get fresh produce from the Walmart produce aisle, it’s a great way to keep the players and parents energized. To keep the cost down, I get fruits that’s in season. That can vary from orange slices, apples, seedless grapes, watermelon, banana, mini carrots, strawberries, cheese sticks, celery sticks, raisin, and pop corn. I like to stay away from nuts because of allergy.
- To protect their skin, make sure you pack a sunscreen and insect repellent, for those pesky mosquitoes
- Don’t forget to bring a camera, to capture those precious moments
- I also like to keep a few headband & ponytail holders on hand, to help keep the players hair out of their faces
- A critical item to have on hand is a mini first aid kit, just in case any of the players gets hurt
- A comfortable lawn chair, preferable one with a built-in umbrella to keep the sun out
Are you a sport mom, what are some of your essentials for creating the Ultimate Sideline Hero Kit?