How will you be spending Memorial Day weekend? For many people memorial day is the official kick off for summer but it’s also a day to honor the men and women who died in defense of their country. Involving the kids is a great way to teach the kid about Memorial Day while spending time together as a family. So if you’ve some time during the 3 day weekend, between the BBQ and memorial day sales, take some time to honor the fallen heroes.
7 Kid-Friendly Ways To Celebrate Memorial Day Weekend
- Volunteer at your local disabled or wounded Veterans hospital or nursing home. It’s a great way to Thank them for their years of service
- Honor our fallen solders by attending a Memorial Day Parade, most cities have parades planned for memorial day. Check your cities website for dates, time and location
- Visit your place of worship and pray for the families that lost loved ones
- Talk to the kids about the meaning of Memorial Day, why it’s a special day and the importance of acknowledging and commemorating the day
- Honor Veterans by visiting a National Cemetery in your area. You can also go a step further by placing wreath or miniature flags on the graves
- Put together a care package for a service member, it’s a way to say Thank You to those who put their life on the line for our safety
- Grab the kids and head to the beach to enjoy the freedom and liberty we have today
For more Memorial Day ideas, visit the sites below:
- 7 unique Memorial Day grilling recipes by November Sunflower
- 7 Easy Grilled Shrimp Kebobs Recipes by Philzendia
- 7 Things That I Want To Eat At Your Next BBQ by Another Day… Another Diaper…
- 7 Grilling Essentials for Memorial Day by Family Review Guide
- 7 Grilling Recipes to Sample this Summer by Happy Healthy Hip Parenting
Do you have any kid-friendly family activities you do on Memorial Day weekend?