Celebrate the luck of the Irish with this easy Corned Beef Stew, it’s full of flavor and perfect as a quick fix for busy weeknight dinner. Pair it with a bowl of rice or potatoes to add a bit of starch to this protein-rich meal.
Don’t be alarm by the Jalapeño garnish in the picture above, the dish isn’t spicy at all. However, the sodium level in corned beef is fairly high, so be extra careful when you season the stew. Sometimes to cut the salt down a bit, I often pair the stew with unsalted rice.
Corned Beef Stew
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Large Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium size tomato
- 1 small red onion
- 1 beef or chicken bullion
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1- 12 oz. can of corned beef
- In a blender, combine bell pepper, tomato and onion and puree until smooth
- In a medium pan over high heat, add the oil and minced garlic, sauté for a few minutes
- Add the blended pepper sauce and let it simmer for about 10 minutes
- Season with bullion and curry powder
- Turn the heat to medium to low and add the corned beef, let it simmer for additional 5 minutes
- Taste and season if needed
- Remove from stove and serve with rice
Are you celebrating St. Patricks day? Even if you’re not taking part in the festivities, this African corn beef stew will get you one step closer to claiming the luck of the Irish.
Linking up with Orgjunkie today.