Thank you Nestlé for sponsoring this post. I created #thatnewcrush Butterfinger Cups Red Velvet Trifle as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias #cbias.
Walking the aisle at Walmart, I spotted a new candy bar from Nestlé – BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cups. Have you seen these? They just hit the shelves and I couldn’t wait to try them out.
I have to say I took a risk with this recipe. I wasn’t sure how combining red velvet cake and Butterfingr Peanut Butter Cups was going to translate but i’m glad I took a chance. The combination of creamy milk chocolate and smooth peanut butter enhanced the flavor of the trifle.
The Butterfinger Cups Red Velvet Trifle was super easy to make because I took the guess work out by using a cake mix.
Butterfinger Cups Red Velvet Trifle
- 1 -18.25 oz. red velvet cake mix
- 3 Medium Size Eggs
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 -5.1 oz. package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 – 12 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8 Butterfinger Cups – chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF for metal and glass pans., 325 ºF for dark or coated pans.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl as directed on package.
- Bake in 2-9 inch pan or a 13×9 inch pan. Cool completely before assembling.
- In large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping until well blended.
- To assemble the trifle – add a layer of red velvet cake, add the pudding/whipped mix, add the chopped butterfinger cups, repeat the process 2 or 3 more times, the layering is based on the bowl you’re using. Top with Butterfingers cups
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.