We have had the most awesome summer and I have enjoyed sharing lots of yummy ice pop recipe with you. This Banana Split Ice Pops are no exception. They are deliciously creamy and incredibly simple to make.
Don’t worry though, I am about to get off my popsicle overload. Although I blame the scorching hot weather and the constant request from my girls.
Speaking of kids, you can get them to help you with this homemade banana split popsicles. Most of the ingredients are things you probably already have at home so a trip to the store might not be necessary. Except maybe to buy the ice pop mold.
Banana Split Ice Pops
- Maraschino cherries
- 2 large bananas
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 6 oz pineapple juice
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped peanuts
- Place 2-3 maraschino cherries into each ice pop mold.
- Add the bananas, ice cream and pineapple juice to a blender and purée until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into each mold, up to the fill line and place the lids with sticks on them. Freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- NOTE: If your molds do not have lids, freeze for 30-40 minutes and then place wooden sticks into each mold. Continue to freeze overnight.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once frozen, remove the banana pops from the freezer and run warm water for 5 seconds under the molds to release. Place on the lined baking sheet. Return to the freezer while you work on Step 6.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove the tray with the banana pops from the freezer. Working one at a time, dip the tops of each ice pop into the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with peanuts. The chocolate will form a hard shell very quickly so you need to add the peanuts right away. If not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap and return to freezer.