Should I take my kids to see Alice Through the Looking Glass Movie? That’s one of the questions people asked me when I told them I attended the LA premiere. A sequel to 2010 blockbuster hit, Alice In Wonderland, Alice Through the Looking Glass follows a now grown Alice Kingsleigh, who after returning from a three-year voyage as a sea captain heads back to Underland to save her friend the Hatter, played by Johnny Depp. I love the fact that even if you have never read any of Lewis Carroll’s books, you will enjoy watching this film. The movie is rated PG, which means everyone can see it.
Here are six reasons you should take your kids to see Alice Through the Looking Glass
- A Heroine and A Dreamer. I am a mom of two girls, so I appreciate the fact the main character Alice is a head-strong young woman whom when called upon to save her friend didn’t hesitate to rise to the occasion. She thinks outside of the box, has a wild imagination and isn’t afraid to explore them.
- Teaches Confidence and Self-love. Throughout the movie, we follow Alice has she conquers her fears and shows that despite being an outcast you can still succeed in whatever it’s you decide to do.
- It’s Family Friendly. There is no nudity or profanity, which is why it’s rated PG. The plot is easy for kids to follow especially if they have yet to read the books. It’s whimsical, and the beautiful costumes will have the kids planning their Halloween attire in no time.
- Loveable Characters. Sacha Baron Cohen plays Time, and he’s one of my favorite characters and he would probably be your favorite as well. He’s as Mia Wasikowska described him, a confident idiot. Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter is strangely unique and loveable. Red Queen is sometimes scary but lovable in a sad way. White Queen is delicate but not without faults.
- It shares Life Lessons. It teaches life lessons in a way that kids will love. There is no better classroom than this, to teach kids that they can do anything their heart desires and that lying often has consequences.
- It’s Hysterical. Sure, it has lots of strong messages, but it also has some memorable quotes and funny one-liners.
Well, there you’ve it. The movie is perfect for all ages, but you’re the best person to judge how your kids will receive the message. Since we have a long weekend ahead of us, my husband and I are taking the kids to see it. I am excited to get their reaction. They love whimsical films with interesting story lines, so I know they will enjoy this as well. So to answer your question, Alice Through the Looking Glass is without a doubt a modern day classic the whole family will enjoy. Need more reasons? Check out the trailer below.
Alice Through the Looking Glass is now playing everywhere.
Do you think your kids will enjoy Alice Through the Looking Glass? Let me know in the comment below