What’s your plan for Mother’s Day? If you’re looking for something different to do, how about spending some much needed quality time with your mom. Invite her over for lunch and you guys can spend the rest of the day watching these carefully selected array of movies perfect for Mother’s Day. These Mother’s Day Movies has everything from mother-daughter relationship, mother-son relationship, unique family dynamics, female empowerment, love, regrets and a whole lot more.
7 Mother’s Day Movies to Stream on Netflix
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape – In a backwater Iowa town, young Gilbert is torn between taking care of his troubled family and a girl who shows him new possibilities for his life. This movies is sad and depressing at time but it gives a new perspective to mother-son relationship.
- Mona Lisa Smile – In 1953, the women of Wellesley College are measured by how well they marry — until the arrival of a professor who threatens to upend the status quo. It’s a great movie that deals with social issues like feminism and women’s transition from housewife to working mom. Don’t let the political tune fool you, this movie is inspiring.
- Steel Magnolia – In this bittersweet drama, five tight-knit women congregate at a beauty parlor in a small Louisiana town to laugh, cry and discuss their lives. An excellent movie to watch with your mom because it portrays a unique mother and daughter relationship.
- Terms of Endearment – A widow and her daughter support each other through relationships with various men over the years — and deal with heartbreaking tragedy. Get your tissue ready, this movie will make you cry. It’s an emotional and heartwarming movie with a great mother-daughter dynamic.
- Silver Linings Playbook – After a stint in a mental hospital, Pat moves in with his parents and tries to win back his wife, until he meets a woman who’s as unstable as he is. It’s an emotional movie with a great family dynamic. Lots of colorful characters and the movie did a terrific job showcasing such a complex issue as mental illness.
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood – In this Southern-fried comedy, a group of lifelong female friends go through decades of ups and downs, becoming all the stronger for it. You can feel the love between these women has they shared their stories. Great movie to watch with mom, it’s funny and emotional but in a good way.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Fortune hunter Holly Golightly finds herself captivated by aspiring writer Paul Varjak, who moves into her building on a wealthy woman’s dime. To be young, naive and in love. This is an old classic that never disappoints
For more great Mother’s Day ideas, be sure to check out some of our favorite friends:
- 7 of the best Mother’s Day gift ideas by November Sunflower
- 7 Free Ways To Celebrate Mothers Day by Philzendia
- 7 Things I do NOT want on Mother’s Day by Another Day… Another Diaper…
- 7 Things Women Really Want for Mother’s Day by Happy Healthy Hip Parenting
- 7 Mothers Day Crafts by Family Review Guide
- 7 DIY Ideas for Homemade Mother’s Day Gifts by Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- 7 Awesome Etsy Products For Mother’s Day by As Mom Sees it