Today I’m sharing a quick week night dinner – Easy Veggie Flat Bread Pizza. These are perfect for hectic back to school nights. This recipe makes me miss my vegetable garden. Since we’ve moved into our house 8 years ago this is the only year that I didn’t exercise my green thumb.
Usually by now I will basking with pride as I harvest my tomatoes, red pepper, lettuce, okra, jalapeño pepper, and loads of herbs. Aww the memories, I remember last year I decided to try my hands at growing corn, between the birds and our unwelcome tenant – groundhogs. Nothing materialized, I was mad because I had dreams about my sweet jersey corn. This was probably why I felt defeated and didn’t bother with the garden this summer. I might start back up again next year I just have to get creative in dealing with the pest. They couldn’t touch the rest of the vegetables because I had chicken wire to protect them but the corn didn’t stand a chance.
Anyway, flat bread pizza are perfect weeknight meals because you can customized them to your palette. This Easy Veggie Flat Bread Pizza uses feta cheese, mozzarella cheese and Naan bread, it’s simple yet it packs enough to make it appealing.
Easy Veggie Flat Bread Pizza
- 2 Naan Bread
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 4 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. of chia seeds if desired
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Arrange Naan bread on baking sheet, top each bread with 2-3 tbsp of tomato sauce, distribute evenly.
- Top it with some mozzarella cheese and sprinkle on some crumbled feta cheese.
- Layer on thin slices of tomato, sprinkle chopped basil leaves and parsley
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle chia seeds if desired
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and Naan is golden and crisp
- Remove from oven and serve.
The beautiful of this recipe is the ability to customize, you can add chicken, or any vegetable your heart desire. You can also swap out the cheese based on your taste bud.