Put a new spin on traditional holiday cookies by making these Mickey Mouse Holiday cupcakes. They are almost too cute to eat and you can let the kids help put the final touches on it. Yes, it branches out from the norm but it’s totally worth it. However, if ditching the norm isn’t your thing, or if you want to delight your guest at your annual holiday cookie swap, try this key-lime cookies with tequila glaze.
Disclaimer: This post contains affliate links.
‘Twas the week before Christmas and all I have are a bunch of to-do list. Have you started your holiday shopping yet? Hopefully you’re almost done but if you need ideas on what to get your tween girls, here are some budget-friendly gift ideas.
KitchenAid KHM926CU 9-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk – Contour Silver2-Pack – Wilton 415-5172 – 72 ct/pack – Rainbow Cupcake LinersBaker’s Secret 1114364 Essentials 6-Cup Texas Muffin Pan
Holidays are all about traditions, so, this year, start a family ritual that the kids will remember for years to come. From decorating the merriest ornaments to baking cookies, it’s the little things.
Mickey Mouse Holiday Cupcakes – Mickey Santa Hat Cupcakes
Although these cupcake looks compliated, they are actually fairly easy to put together. To save time, we used a cake mix but you can use your favorite cupcake recipe.
The steps are fairly easy to follow, except for piping and decorating the cake. Plus, having the right tools helped make the process easier.
Below are some of the items used in making this recipe.
Wilton 704-0187 Icing Pouch with Tips, White, 8 OunceKUKPO Mixing Bowls – 3 piece set Includes 1.8 Qt, 3.6 Qt, 6.5 Qt, Easy Grip Handle With Non – Skid BottomMeasuring Spoons -304 Stainless Steel (18/8) Perfect for Baking and Cooking with Engraving US And Metric Measurement, Food Grade Soft Silicone Handle (Set of 5)
- 12 chocolate cupcakes (made using cake mix)
- white frosting
- red frosting
- mini marshmallows
- Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare selected cake mix according to directions. Pour into the cupcake pan.
- Bake according to instruction on package.
- Let cool.
- You can use this betty crocker cupcake frosting for easy piping or the wilton regular red frosting.
- Pipe the red frosting onto the cupcakes to create the Santa Hat.
- Use the white frosting to pipe the brim of the Santa hat.
- Place 2 Oreos on either side of the red frosting for Mickey ears.
- Place a mini marshmallow on top of the hat.