Carrot Cake Muffins a soft, buttery, flavorful recipe the whole family can enjoy.
Good Morning and Happy Monday. By the time you read this, I will be on a flight to San Francisco. Whenever I leave on a trip, I try my best to make sure I have the meals planned out. For breakfast, I stick with the basic, eggs muffins, cereal, bagel, or muffin. Nothing too complicated. An example is this Carrot Cake Muffins or an old favorite, Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Muffin with Crumb Topping.
It’s perfect to make ahead, so the kids can warm it up and have it for breakfast or take it to school as a snack. Plus the addition of carrots makes me feel as if they’re eating their veggies for breakfast. So it’s a win-win.
They’re perfect as a year-round breakfast. With Easter coming up, you can make a baked goodies basket and gift it to loved one. If have some time, you can turn these into paleo carrot cake muffins to make it diet friendly. It also doubles as an on-the-go breakfast for those super busy mornings.
Carrot Cake Muffins
Carrot Cake Muffins
Recipe Type: Dessert
Homemade carrot cake muffins. Buttery, moist and super easy to make.
- 2-3 large carrots – grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter – softened
- One egg – beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners and spray with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the pineapple (and juice), brown sugar, applesauce, butter, egg, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes in the pan before removing.
pin it for later