Fashion & Beauty
Beauty Essentials: 6 Favorite Makeup Finds
For years, I’ve stayed away from cosmetics, mostly because I had a not so pleasant exposure to the effect of everyday makeup use. It involves a sleepover and an awkward beauty and the beast transformation that haunts me till today. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned to appreciate the effective use of makeup. I am glad, I waited to start my discovery. Or maybe it’s because I’ve aged and now have a few wrinkles I need to hide, whatever the reason I am glad I’m finally on board with what most women discovered years ago. MAC was my first makeup, and it wasn’t by design. When I was finally ready, to venture out into the makeup world. I went to Macy’s so someone can walk me through the basics. Two hours and over $200 later I came home with a starter kit that had all the essentials – M.A.C studio stick foundation, powder, mascara, foundation brush, powder brush, and a lipstick. I’ve since learned to venture out and experiment on my own, so my collection has grown since then. Overall I am glad I’m finally putting in the effort to enhance my natural beauty. So today I present to you my current beauty favorites:
Favorite Makeup Finds
- Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser – I bought this a while ago on Amazon; it was on sale for less than $5, a steal considering the usual price tag of $20. It isn’t harsh on the skin, and the exfoliating beads are super tiny. It mostly used with the Pro X advanced cleansing system, but I know a few people that use the cleanser by itself. You can get the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System for under $40.
- Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation – I got this at Target; I was a bit hesitant to purchase it because I wasn’t sure what color would work with my skin tone, but I gambled, and it worked. It isn’t heavy, it goes on light and gives a flawless finish. I have dry skin, so I appreciate liquid base foundation, even during the summer.
- M·A·C ‘Studio Fix’ Powder Plus Foundation – This is okay to wear by itself, and I have on many occasions. Recently though, I started pairing it with the Revlon nearly naked; I apply the mac studio fix lightly with a brush over the nearly naked and it works perfectly for me. It gives me 100% full coverage without being too heavy.
- Maybelline The Rocket Volum’Express Mascara – This was in the gift bag I received during the Essence mommy meetup, and I love it. Previously my go-to mascara was between the MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash and the Maybelline Great Lash – I’ve used this two for the last couple of years, but I am glad I found a new favorite.
- EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere – You’re probably familiar with this lip balm – it busted into the scene earlier this year, and I just had to have it. I love the cute design and the various flavors it comes in.
- Maybelline Color Whisper by Color Sensational – Another Essence mommy meetup gift bag favorite. It goes on smooth, and it’s long lasting.
I would love to hear from you, what are some of your favorite makeup finds? Do you have a mascara or foundation you can’t live without, would love to hear your thoughts?
This week I am linking up with:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something I might make a few cent or dollars.