Hopefully you’re done with the chaos of holiday shopping and you’re starting to wind down and get ready to truly enjoy the season with your family. Our kids will be on vacation the next couple of weeks so there is no better time than now to reconnect as a family. At our house, we enjoy a quiet afternoon watching our favorite holiday movies and with technology of streaming videos we get to see all our favorites right from the comfort of our living room. So if you’re in search of a feel good holiday movie to get you into the holiday spirit then here are 10 Holiday Movies to Watch with Your Family. Most of these movies are available on Netflix except Miracle on 34th Street and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, for some odd reason these two classics are not on there.
- VeggieTales: St. Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving – Its a story about young Nicholas, who followed in his parents footsteps to help those in need then became Santa Claus.
- DreamWorks Holiday Classics – If your family loves DreamWorks Madagascar, then this set has all your favorite friends, Shrek and Donkey, Hiccup and Toothless and all the wacky animals from Madagascar The classics includes – Merry Madagascar, Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury, Donkey’s Caroling Christmas-tacular and The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper.
- I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown – If your kids wants a dog for Christmas this might be a good choice in letting them know whats involve in owning and caring for a dog.
- Mickey’s Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mickey Mouse – After a huge snowstorm, Mickey and his friends throw a Christmas party to help Donald regain his holiday spirit.
- All I Want for Christmas – Hopeful brother and sister embark on a reconciliation mission to get their divorced parents in the same room at the same time in hopes that it ill rekindle their love.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – National Lampoons vacation Christmas installment enjoy the belly laughs as Clark gets his family ready for Christmas.
- Polar Express – A young boy’s faith in the holiday spirit is revived after he makes his way to way by train to the North Pole on Christmas Eve.
- Night before Christmas – Halloween meets Christmas, Jack kidnaps Santa Claus and plans to deliver shrunken heads and other ghoulish gifts to children on Christmas morning, surely we can’t have that.
- Miracle on 34th Street – Exemplary story on the miracle of Christmas
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer – feel good movie, setting an example of how sometimes you’ve to carve your path in life amid doubts.
What’s your family holiday movie picks?