Teen Driver Safety Clinic with Toyota #TeenDrive365
I remember when I first got my drivers permit, I was beyond excited to hit the road. My parents weren’t so thrilled, my Dad opted to teach me how to drive, but he insisted on teaching me using stick shift. Needless to say, the lessons wasn’t a success and it left a bad taste in my mouth. Fast forward a few years, after saving enough money to afford a driving instructor, I ventured out onto the open roads. I remember my instructor emphasizing the importance of safe driving –
- Eyes on the road at all times
- Hands at 10 and 12
- Don’t forget your blind spots
- Maintain a safe following distance
- Be aware of your surrounds
Those are the rules I remember, and still utilize till today. While reminiscing about my driving lessons with my Dad, I couldn’t help but think about my girls. Although they’re years away from getting their learners permit. I can’t wait to share these tips with them.
Studies have shown that teens are prone to accident within the first 24 months of driving. So being equipped with the right information is essential to being a safe driver. To continue educating teens and new drivers about safe driving, Toyota dealers in the New York and New Jersey area are hosting a series of FREE TeenDrive365 Safety Clinics Sept through Oct. These clinics include a safe driving simulator along with a classroom learning session that covers defensive driving tips, car operations, car safety features, basic maintenance fundamentals, and communication/coaching tips for teens and parents alike. Clinics are for teens and parents (both must attend) and space is limited with just 60 available spots at each dealership.
Teen Driver Safety Clinic with Toyota
This FREE 2.5 hour non-driving interactive session provides both pre-driver and new-driver teens, as well as their parents, a beyond basics approach to road safety. It includes car care tips, coaching techniques and other practical tools in a safe, non-sales environment. Families participate in hands-on activities in class and around the car to promote safe-driving behavior.
This interactive clinic will cover topics such as:
- Defensive driving “universal truths” and best practices
- Understanding your vehicle’s performance dynamics
- Dangerous driving distractions and how to avoid them
- Car operations, safety features and basic maintenance fundamentals
- Communication and coaching tips for parents and teens
- Mutual driving agreements for pre-driver/new-driver teens and their parents
Location for Upcoming Teen Driver Safety Clinic
- 9/20: Liberty Toyota Burlington, NJ
- 9/21: Holman Toyota Mount Laurel, NJ
- 10/04: Gault Toyota Endicott, NY
- 10/05: Lia Toyota of Colonie Schenectady, NY
- 10/11: DCH Toyota City Mamaroneck, NY
- 10/12: DCH Freehold Toyota Freehold, NJ
- 10/18: Millennium Toyota Hempstead, NY
- 10/19: Penn Toyota Greenvale, NY
- 10/25: Autoland Toyota Springfield, NJ
- 10/26: Bay Ridge Toyota Brooklyn, NY
If you’re a parent of a teen I highly recommend you attend the Toyota Teen Driver Safety Clinic. You and your teen will learn some valuable information that could potentially save a life. Make sure you register online to secure a spot.
What advise did you received as a teen driver that stuck with you. What’s your teen driving story?
This post was written as part of my association with TeenDrive365 and the Toyota Teen Driver Safety Clinic. For more information on the Toyota Teen Driver Safety Clinic, please visit http://bit.ly/1nfUJ0e