We’ve debated ditching our monthly wireless bill and switching to a prepaid service. A little over a month ago, we decided to dip our toes in by trying out the AT&T GoPhone, a pre-paid wireless service. We settled on the HTC Desire 610, a perfect gift for our 8 years old daughter who has been hounding us to get a phone for quite some time. We all agreed this will be a “trial run” and her “in-case of emergency” phone, but most importantly a reliable phone without long term commitment.
AT&T GoPhone devices include the latest 4G & 4G LTE Android, and Windows smartphones at affordable prices. The HTC Desire 610, retails for about $199 with no contract. The GoPhone plan is compatible with most phones, which allows you to utilize a phone you already own, including an iPhone even if the service is with another provider. Yes you heard that right, all you have to do is insert a GoPhone-activated SIM card into your current phone and you’re good to go.
Customization on the phone and plan was easy. Through the data manager, we can see how much data our daughter uses, which helped us allocate data usage each month. She’s currently set up with the $60 a month plan and that plan offers Unlimited text, Unlimited talk, and 2.5GB of data per month. If she’s getting close to exceeding her allocated data plan, we get an alert. To make sure she doesn’t make any authorized purchases, we added Purchase Blocker for FREE, it blocks the purchase of any premium services (i.e. apps, games, alert services, etc.). If all goes well and if we decide to keep the phone, we will set her up account up for auto-refill every month. We might add $5 for 250 Minutes of International calling which includes countries like Canada, India, Mexico, Philippines, Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia and Venezuela. So she can call her cousins that’s out of the country.
We’ve discussed the responsibilities that comes with owning a phone in great length, so she understands that this is a huge privilege and has taken the proper precaution to follow our rules. If she abuses this privilege, we will take the phone away – it’s that simple. Since she’s had the phone we’ve enjoyed the relief of knowing she can get a hold of us anytime.
Five Reasons to Make the Switch to AT&T GoPhone
- Teaches Responsibility – Owning a phone can provide you with a sense of comfort as it creates parameters around your family’s wireless plans, while also instills a new sense of responsibility for a new phone owner
- You Can Use a Hand-Me-Down Phone – AT&T GoPhone is compatible with most phones, which allows you to utilize a phone you already own.
- Bring A Little Flexibility Into Your Life – AT&T GoPhone monthly rate plans offer great value for smartphone and basic/quick messaging phone customers. With a smartphone, GoPhone users receive unlimited talk and text and 2.5GB of data, so it’s easy to stay in touch with everyone.The auto-refill feature makes it easy to pay with a credit/debit card or bank account. Refill cards are also available at thousands of retail locations nationwide.
- The Kids Will Have No Excuse Not To Call – With a phone in hand, if after school activities got cancelled at the last minute no more scrambling to figure out what’s going on.
- Their World is Constantly Changing – AT&T GoPhone is the right choice for customers who does not want to sign a wireless phone contract. With no annual contract, GoPhone customers have the flexibility to choose a plan that fits their needs and budget, and make changes as necessary.
While trying to decide on a plan, we noticed that the site also offer a daily option plan, for as little as $2, you will get unlimited calling, unlimited text and Wi-Fi data, that’s not bad at all. The phone and the service has been stellar. My husband is currently trying to convince us to sign up for the GoPhone plan for tablet.
For more information about AT&T GoPhone, device options and available rate plans please visit http://www.att.com/gophone
DISCLOSURE: This is a sponsored post, however all opinions are mine. Products mentioned are compliments of AT&T.