I can still remember signing along to ‘Guantanamera’ as we drove down to see my grandparents for the summer. Granted, we were too young to understand the lyrics, or to fully absorb the essence of the song but we had a blast singing it at the top of our voice, laughing and having fun as a family. There are a handful of songs that reminds me of my childhood road trips with my parents and that’s definitely one of them.
Nothing ruins summer time cruising with the family, than having the wrong selection of songs. So whether driving down to see friends or just cruising around your neighborhood, we’ve complied the ultimate playlist for hitting the road with the family.
Family Road-Trip Playlist
- Cool Kids – Echosmith
- Open my heart – Yolanda Adams
- All summer long – Kid Rock
- I’ve been everywhere – Johnny Cash
- Maps – Maroon 5
- Daughter – John Mayer
- Waka-Waka – Shakira
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Party in the U.S.A – Miley Cyrus
- I Got a Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Ironic – Alanis Morissette
- Jailer – ASA
- By your side – Sade
- 1,2,3,4 – Plain White T’s
The songs are available for download on Amazon
What’s On Your Summer Family Road-Trip Playlist?