According to The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), about 43,000 people are injured in a television tip-over incident each year, 59 percent, of whom are children, that’s crazy. Did you know about these? I wasn’t aware of these numbers and to be honest when we got our TV, we were more worried about the kids knocking the TV over while playing their Wii, than I was in the TV tipping over and crushing them. That’s because I wasn’t aware of the danger. So like many Americas, my TV isn’t mounted, I thought it was more about the aesthetics. Now that i’m aware of these information, i’m making it a conscious effort to educate you guys and everyone else on the importance of securing our flat panel TV.
2011 US CPSC report on flat panel TV safety revealed that:
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS TV Offers the following Mounting Tips:
Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walk-through of simple installation available on their website at anytime
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
Below is an informative video by SANUS TV on the importance of mounting your TV:
Milestone AV Technologies, the makers of SANUS TV Mount is offering our readers a chance to win a TV mount of their choice. You can enter this giveaway by using the Rafflecoper tool below for your chance to win! Good luck!!
Disclosure: I was provided with the product for review, all opinions are 100% mine.